FACULTY OF ARTS & CULTUREDEPARTMENT OF ENGLISH LANGUAGE TEACHING
Post of Temporary Assistant Lecturer in English
(1) A degree special in the relevant subject with First / Second Class (Upper Division) Honours
(2) A degree with specialization in the relevant subject with Second Class (Lower Division) Honours
(3) (a) A degree with specialization in the relevant subject without honours or any other degree with at least Second Class Honours,
(b) A Masters Degree in the relevant field obtained after a full - time course of study of at least 24 months duration (or an equivalent part - time course of study) with a research component by way of thesis / dissertation.
A full time Master degree in the relevant field of a minimum of 18 months duration with at least 60 credit units* of which not less than 15 credit units of research by way of thesis/ dissertation.
[* One credit considered per course unit/ module should be in accordance with the Sri Lanka Qualifications Framework (SLQF)]
(4) Such Academic or professional qualifications or professional experience as may be approved by the University Grants Commission upon the recommendation of the Higher Educational Institution concerned.
Temporary Assistant Lecturer - Rs. Rs. 40,324.00 /- pm. (Fixed) [U-AC2-2016]
[Approximate gross salary- Rs. 49,000/- pm. Inclusive of all allowances]
Post of Temporary Instructor in English on Assignment Basis
(i) A Special Degree in English
(ii) A General Degree with English Language as a subject.
(iii) A Special/General Degree with a Diploma in English of not less than 18 months duration obtained from a University or UGC recognized other Higher Educational Institution.
(iv) The Postgraduate Diploma/Masters in Teaching of English as a Second Language from the University of Colombo/Open University of Sri Lanka or an equivalent qualification of not less than one year duration obtained from a University or UGC recognized other Higher Educational Institution.
(v) The Trained Teachers' Certificate in English with at least 03 years experience after training.
(vi) The specialist English Trained Teachers' Certificate with at least 03 years experience after training.
(vii) National Diploma in Teaching English as a Second Language offered by the College of Education with at least 03 years post qualifying experience in teaching English.
(viii) Higher National Diploma in English of not less than 2 years duration offered by the Sri Lanka Institute of Advanced Technological Education (SLIATE) with at least 03 years post qualifying experience in teaching English.
2. A good command of English and Sinhala / Tamil
* Temporary Instructor in English on Assignment Basis - Rs.40,000/- pm. (Fixed)
Those interested are requested to attend for an interview on 21.02.2018 from 11.00 a.m. to 11.30 a.m. at the Board Room, Administrative Secretariat, South Eastern University of Sri Lanka, University Park, Oluvil with a self-prepared application along with Curriculum Vitae, Original and Copies of Educational Certificates, Birth Certificate, National Identity Card and other relevant certificates.
South Eastern University of Sri Lanka
Oluvil # 32360