KALAM International Research Journal, is a multidisciplinary, peer-reviewed and refereed journal published biannually by the Faculty of Arts and Culture of the South Eastern University of Sri Lanka. KALAM publishes peer reviewed original research articles which focus on the central issues of the Humanities and Social Sciences. Since 2004, KALAM has been serving to the advancement of society through multidisciplinary and interdisciplinary researches. KALAM International Research Journal allows open access and will make your research more visible and accessible, immediately on publication. The online version of the journal is free access and download, and accepts submissions by e-mail only (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The aim of ‘Kalam’ international research journal is to encourage multifaceted, multidisciplinary and interdisciplinary research in the sphere of social sciences and humanities. Moreover, the journal is dedicated to promoting scholarly exchange among teachers and researchers in the field of social sciences and humanities.
The scope of the journal includes the following fields: Economics, History, Political Science, Peace Studies, Sociology and Anthropology, Geography and Geo-informatics, Language and Applied Linguistics, Education and Information Technology and Philosophy, Psychology and Counseling.
All manuscripts are subjected to a peer-review process to determine if they meet the criteria for scientific significance and academic excellence. A submission will first be scrutinized by an Associate Editor and if he approves of same, it will be passed on to be judged by peer-reviewers, whose identities will not be disclosed to the author(s).
If the paper can be accepted subject to certain changes then the author(s) will be requested to incorporate the changes suggested by the reviewers. The Associate Editor will then review the revised manuscript after the changes have been made by the author(s). Once he is satisfied with the amended manuscript, the accepted paper will be published on a final decision made by the Editor-in-Chief.
Kalam International Research Journal is published biannually by the Faculty of Arts and Culture of the South Eastern University of Sri Lanka.
Following instructions will have to be adopted by authors of articles/ research papers when they send it to the Journal:Structure:
Manuscripts must be set out in the following order – Title, Authors, Affiliations, Abstract, Keywords, Main text under sub-headings including Figure Captions, Figures, and then Tables, Conclusions, Acknowledgements, Appendix, and References. Manuscripts can be in Sinhala, Tamil, English, and Arabic.
- Title of the article (14 font size)
- Full name(s) of the author(s) (10 font size)
- The affiliation(s) including department, institution, and country (10 font size)
- Active e-mail address of the corresponding author (10 font size)
- Abstract (10 font size)
- Key words (10 font size)
- Abstract should be in single paragraph with 200 to 250 words without any citation.
- It should be appeared in 10 font size and single line space.
- It should cover the problem, objective, methods, and finding of the study briefly.
- Please give 4 or 5 key words in alphabetic order by using italic format. (avoid words like 'and' & 'of').
- A manuscript should be around 4000 to 5000 words and not exceed 6000 words including references and endnotes.
- The full research article/ manuscript should consist of the major elements, namely: Introduction/ background, problem statement, objective(s), methodology, literature survey, results and discussion, conclusion and references.
- Sinhala in FMAbhaya font
- Tamil in akarathi font
- English in Times New Roman font
- Arabic in Traditional Arabic font
- All subtopics should be bold and in 12 font size.
- All text in 11 font size.
- Line space – 1.5
- APA 7th edition should be used to reference. All references should be ordered in alphabetically.
All formatted, full-text articles received should contain original, previously unpublished research results. Findings of both experimental and theoretical studies would be considered for publication. Manuscripts are accepted on the understanding that they have not been published elsewhere and are not currently under consideration by another journal. The submitting author is responsible for ensuring that publication of the article has been approved by all the other coauthors. It is also the authors’ responsibility to ensure that articles originating from a particular institution are submitted with the approval of that institution. Only an acknowledgment from the editorial office officially establishes the date of receipt of the submission. Further correspondence and proofs will be sent to the author(s) before publication. It is a condition of acceptance of a paper that the author(s) allow editing of the paper for improved readability. All enquiries concerning the publication of accepted manuscripts should be addressed to the Editor-in-Chief of ‘Kalam’.
Peer Review Process
All manuscripts are subjected to a peer-review process to determine if they meet the criteria for scientific significance and academic excellence. A submission will first be scrutinized by an Associate Editor and if he approves of same, it will be passed on to be judged by peer-reviewers, whose identities will not be disclosed to the author(s). If the paper can be accepted subject to certain changes then the author(s) will be requested to incorporate the changes suggested by the reviewers. The Associate Editor will then review the revised manuscript after the changes have been made by the author(s). Once he is satisfied with the amended manuscript, the accepted paper will be published on a final decision made by the Editor-in-Chief.
All authors must sign the Transfer of Copyright Agreement before the article can be published. This Transfer Agreement enables the publishers to protect the copyrighted material on behalf of the authors, but does not void the authors’ proprietary rights. The copyright transfer covers the exclusive rights to reproduce and distribute the article, including reprints, photographic reproductions, microfilm or any other reproductions of similar nature and any translations. Proofreading is solely the author’s responsibility. Any queries should be answered in full. Authors must correct factual errors and any errors introduced during typesetting.
- Submission of a manuscript considers the following:
- - The manuscript has not been published before.
- - The manuscript is not under consideration for publication anywhere else.
- - If any co-authors are, the manuscript has been approved by all of them.
- - Completed manuscript should ensure the above instructions for authors.
- - Original manuscripts should be submitted electronically (as MS Word docx) to the following email ID: email@example.com
- - Peer reviewing usually takes from 2 to 4 months.