POST OF DIRECTOR /CAREER GUIDANCE UNIT
(1) A Special Degree in with specialization in the relevant subject with First or Second Class (Upper Division) Honours awarded by a recognized University;
(2) A Special Degree in with specialization in the relevant subject with Second Class (Lower Division) Honours awarded by a recognized University;
(3) (a) A Special Degree in with specialization in the relevant subject without honours or any other Degree with at least Second Class honours awarded by a recognized University,
(b) (i) A Doctoral Degree in the relevant field.
(ii) A Master degree in the relevant field obtained after a full-time course of study of at least 24 months duration (or an equivalent part-time course of study) with a research component by way of theses / dissertation.
(iii) A full time Master degree in the relevant field of a minimum of 18 months duration with at least 60 credits* of which not less than 15 credits* of research by way of thesis/ dissertation.
[*One credit considered per course unit/ module should be in accordance with the Sri Lanka Qualifications Framework (SLQF)]
(4) Such Academic or professional qualifications or professional experience as may be approved by the University Grants Commission upon the recommendation of the Higher Educational Institution.
(5) At least six (06) years experience in one or more of the following:
i) Teaching at University Level,
ii) Professional Experience,
iii) Research in recognized Institution,
iv) Postgraduate studies to acquire the qualifications stipulated at (3) above.
(Senior lecturer GR. II or above in the University System will be considered for appointment on Contract Basis). Preference will be given to those who have experience in career guidance.
Three years from the date of appointment or the 65th Birthday whichever is earlier.
Selection will be made on order of merit, which will be decided on the marks of a structured interview.
Senior Lecturer Gr. I : U - AC 3 (I)
Rs. 81, 638 - 7 x 1926 - 95, 120 p.m. (as at 01.01.2019)
Rs. 91, 310 - 7 x 2170 - 106, 500 p.m. (as at 01.01.2020)
Senior Lecturer Gr. II : U - AC 3 (II)
Rs. 71, 028 - 11 x 1448 - 86, 948 p.m. (as at 01.01.2019)
Rs. 79, 360 - 11 x 1630 - 97, 290 p.m. (as at 01.01.2020)
(The other allowance determined by the University Grants Commission will be paid in addition to the above salary and a candidate presently drawing a salary a higher than this scale if selected will be placed at the same salary drawing at present)
Application and Particulars
The application form and other details will be available in the university website www.seu.ac.lk. The applicant is required to submit along with his/her application form a Statement of Vision for the development of the Centre/ Unit and a brief account of what he proposes to achieve if appointed to the Post of Director for the above Unit.
Prospective applicants presently employed in the Higher Educational Institutions and such other Institutes should forward their applications through the respective Heads. All applications should reach the Registrar, South Eastern University of Sri Lanka, University Park, Oluvil #32360 on or before 25.02.2019 at 4.00 p.m. The name of the post should be indicated on the top left- hand corner of the envelope.
Applications that are incomplete or illegible or do not conform to any other requirements or received after the closing date will be rejected. South Eastern University of Sri Lanka reserves the rights to shortlist the candidates.
South Eastern University of Sri Lanka
University Park, Oluvil #32360.