Library Rules and Regulations
- Library opening hours, as determined from time to time, will be posted on the Library's notice board and main entrance.
- Customers are required to display their ID/staff throughout their stay in the library
- Only reading and writing materials can be brought into the Library. Other materials such
as bags, umbrellas, parcels, crash helmets, etc., are not to be brought into the library. Such articles may be left in the cloak room of the Library. Library management accepts no responsibility for loss of any of these items
- Hand-phone, Walkman, disc man and similar electronic gadgets are not allowed to be brought into the library.
- Smoking, eating and drinking is strictly prohibited inside the library.
- Silence is to be strictly observed in the Library.
- Mutilating or stealing library materials/properties are liable to strict disciplinary action.
- Customers are not allowed to remove or change the placement of chairs, tables or any other furniture in the Library.
- The Library staff on duty has the authority to ask any customer, who causes disturbance to leave from the library.
- Customers may be required to show all books and items they carry with them for inspection at the exit gate before leaving the library.
- Library officers have the authority to bar any person from using library facilities for any infringement of the Library Rules and Regulations.
- Library Authority may amend Library Rules and Regulations as and when necessary.
- Abuse of library rules and regulations may result in loss of library privileges as a whole.
- The Library provides a cloakroom space solely for the use of patrons to the Library and museum
- The cloakroom opens when the building opens and will close 15 minutes after the building closes.
- You will receive a numbered token. If you lose the token, you must have proof of ownership of your items with the fine.
- Items may not be left overnight in the cloakroom. Any items left at the end of the day will be handed over to the Chief Security Officer. They can be retrieved the next day with the fine.
- Customers are kindly requested to refrain from leaving valuables & money in bags handed over to the cloakroom. We shall not be liable for any damage or loss of such items.